Become an Outreach Volunteer
Please submit a Volunteer Application here to apply to become a PWCL Community Outreach Volunteer.
Community Outreach Volunteers are necessary and important members of PWCL. Whether it is serving on our Speaker's Bureau, tabling at outreach events, or simply organizing materials at the PWCL office, Outreach Volunteers help us to work towards our mission of educating and empowering our community about domestic and sexual violence.
Requirements and duties of a Community Outreach Volunteer:
- Help to increase PWCL visibility in your community through presentations, tabling and outreach to targeted populations and culturally-specific communities
- Become a Social Justice Educator by informing community groups on issues related to domestic and sexual violence, oppression and anti-racism, and advocacy skills
- Participate in awareness campaigns on domestic and sexual violence.
- Represent PWCL at cultural and community events.
- Help plan events for Sexual Assault Awareness Month (April), Domestic Violence Awareness Month (October) and PRIDE (June).
- Actively brainstorm with the program team opportunities to inform the larger community about PWCL and its mission to eliminate domestic and sexual violence
- Document contacts and services and contribute to statistical reports for funding and program evaluation
- With the program staff, help maintain and energize our online social marketing strategy: blog, Facebook, etc.
Contact fawn Livingston-Gray, Volunteer Coordinator, for more information: