Host a Party with a Purpose!
A fun and exciting way to raise awareness and resources for the Portland Women’s Crisis Line is to host a PWCL House Party. Do you hold regular parties with friends throughout the year and want to benefit PWCL? Do you and your friends want to give back to your community but don’t know where to start? Hosting a Party with a Purpose is a great way to get to know PWCL, help grow our membership base, as well as use your creativity to have lots of fun. Our staff will work with you side by side to help make your party a success.
House Party Ideas from Real Donors
- In summer, Rebecca hosted a garden party in her backyard for her birthday. She raised $200 by inviting just a handful of friends!
- Hillary asked her friend in professional catering to make appetizers for her house party. She raised over $1000 for PWCL that night.
- Katie held her own “live auction” of items from her good friends in her living room. She raised over $200 from the packages like a style consultation from her well-dressed friend.
- Michael lives in an apartment, so he asked a friend to host his party at her house. By inviting both his group of friends and her own, they together raised $600 for PWCL.
- Joy held her 60th birthday party in her backyard, and over a hundred guests showed up! She raised over $750 by just asking her friends to give to PWCL instead of giving her a gift.