Call 503-235-5333 or tollfree 1-800-235-5333 24 HOUR RESOURCES AND SUPPORT FOR SURVIVORS OF DOMESTIC AND SEXUAL VIOLENCE

Donate Your Vehicle!

You can help PWCL by donating your old vehicle!

PWCL is proud to work with the Volunteers of America Oregon Vehicle Donation Program. You can specify Portland Women’s Crisis Line to receive the proceeds from the donation of your vehicle.
Portland Women's Crisis Line
Want to donate your vehicle now?

You can go to Charity Connection.Org and fill out the online form.

If you would rather PWCL submit your donation, please call us to get started. 503-232-9751 or .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

Donate Your Vehicle!

You can help PWCL by donating your old vehicle!

PWCL is proud to work with the Volunteers of America Oregon Vehicle Donation Program. You can specify Portland Women’s Crisis Line to receive the proceeds from the donation of your vehicle.
Portland Women's Crisis Line
Want to donate your vehicle now?

You can go to Charity Connection.Org and fill out the online form.

If you would rather PWCL submit your donation, please call us to get started. 503-232-9751 or .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

Vehicle Donation Frequently Asked Questions

*FAQ adapted from Volunteers of America Oregon’s Website*

Q: Why should I donate my vehicle to PWCL?
A: There are many reasons, including:
• You may receive greater value for your vehicle as a charitable contribution on your itemized tax return.
• You’ll be spared the ordeal of trying to sell your vehicle.
• PWCL is part of the Volunteers of America Oregon Vehicle Donation Program. VOA Oregon offers free towing.
________________________________________

Q: What percentage of the proceeds from the sale of my vehicle goes to PWCL?
A: 60% of the sale of your vehicle will go directly to PWCL. VOA Oregon keeps the remaining 40% for administrative costs.
________________________________________

Q: How will my vehicle be used?
A: If VOA Oregon can sell your vehicle, they will run a thorough safety check, detail your vehicle, and post it on their virtual car lot.
________________________________________

Q: Does my car have to be running to donate it?
A: No. VOA Oregon accepts running and non-running vehicles. (Some restrictions may apply to oversized vehicles and tow range.)
________________________________________

Q: What types of vehicles are accepted?
A: All kinds!  Cars, trucks, boats, motor homes, travel trailers, utility trailers, and aircraft, to name a few.  They have even received and sold a fire engine!
________________________________________

Q: Will they pick up my vehicle? What is their tow range?
A: VOA Oregon offers free towing. (Call 503-239-7944 for details.) Their tow range is from Longview, WA to Cottage Grove, OR and a 50-mile radius of I-5, but they’ll go anywhere for the right vehicle.
________________________________________

Q: What if I have an out-of-state title?
A: No problem – VOA Oregon can process a donation with an out-of-state title, and they can accept vehicles in almost any state.

Other Restrictions:

• The vehicle must have an intact engine, transmission and all 4 wheels with inflated tires present and able to spin.
• VOA Oregon will not accept vehicles that have been in a fire, flood or major collision. Vehicles with broken axles, cracked blocks, thrown rods, blown head or headgasket, broken timing belt, broken cam shaft or other broken engine part or transmission preventing it to run and drive if 10 years or older will not be accepted. Specialty vehicles such as classics, SUV’s, 4-wheel drives and some pick-ups are almost always accepted even with the above problems.
• Vehicles on a “Possessory Lien” will not be accepted. The donor must have a clear title to the vehicle, even if the title is not in their name. Vehicles with lost or destroyed titles can still be accepted; however, vehicle pick-up will be delayed until “clear title” status can be determined and all documents (that VOA Oregon will provide) have been signed and returned.
• VOA Oregon accepts out of state titles. If the donor has lost or destroyed their out of state title VOA Oregon cannot accept donation until the donor has obtained a new title (Washington State is the exception for this rule)

Vehicle Donation Frequently Asked Questions

*FAQ adapted from Volunteers of America Oregon’s Website*

Q: Why should I donate my vehicle to PWCL?
A: There are many reasons, including:
• You may receive greater value for your vehicle as a charitable contribution on your itemized tax return.
• You’ll be spared the ordeal of trying to sell your vehicle.
• PWCL is part of the Volunteers of America Oregon Vehicle Donation Program. VOA Oregon offers free towing.
________________________________________

Q: What percentage of the proceeds from the sale of my vehicle goes to PWCL?
A: 60% of the sale of your vehicle will go directly to PWCL. VOA Oregon keeps the remaining 40% for administrative costs.
________________________________________

Q: How will my vehicle be used?
A: If VOA Oregon can sell your vehicle, they will run a thorough safety check, detail your vehicle, and post it on their virtual car lot.
________________________________________

Q: Does my car have to be running to donate it?
A: No. VOA Oregon accepts running and non-running vehicles. (Some restrictions may apply to oversized vehicles and tow range.)
________________________________________

Q: What types of vehicles are accepted?
A: All kinds!  Cars, trucks, boats, motor homes, travel trailers, utility trailers, and aircraft, to name a few.  They have even received and sold a fire engine!
________________________________________

Q: Will they pick up my vehicle? What is their tow range?
A: VOA Oregon offers free towing. (Call 503-239-7944 for details.) Their tow range is from Longview, WA to Cottage Grove, OR and a 50-mile radius of I-5, but they’ll go anywhere for the right vehicle.
________________________________________

Q: What if I have an out-of-state title?
A: No problem – VOA Oregon can process a donation with an out-of-state title, and they can accept vehicles in almost any state.

Other Restrictions:

• The vehicle must have an intact engine, transmission and all 4 wheels with inflated tires present and able to spin.
• VOA Oregon will not accept vehicles that have been in a fire, flood or major collision. Vehicles with broken axles, cracked blocks, thrown rods, blown head or headgasket, broken timing belt, broken cam shaft or other broken engine part or transmission preventing it to run and drive if 10 years or older will not be accepted. Specialty vehicles such as classics, SUV’s, 4-wheel drives and some pick-ups are almost always accepted even with the above problems.
• Vehicles on a “Possessory Lien” will not be accepted. The donor must have a clear title to the vehicle, even if the title is not in their name. Vehicles with lost or destroyed titles can still be accepted; however, vehicle pick-up will be delayed until “clear title” status can be determined and all documents (that VOA Oregon will provide) have been signed and returned.
• VOA Oregon accepts out of state titles. If the donor has lost or destroyed their out of state title VOA Oregon cannot accept donation until the donor has obtained a new title (Washington State is the exception for this rule)